Junior Python developer
- Python love, knowledge, and experience.
- Semantics. Whether it’s your code or your ideas, we like things to be semantic.
- Please include link to your Github repository or your projects in the 'Cover Letter' section.
- Check out what our technology team is doing in fintech at Zerodha.tech.
Customer Support Specialist
Zerodha is focused on offering the best investment and trading experience for millions of customers. Our success results from being a close-knit team within which each person enjoys helping colleagues grow personally and professionally. We have a flat organisational structure. Every employee at Zerodha can interact, communicate and discuss work with anyone in the business. We conduct webinars, all-hands calls, and various other initiatives to keep everyone informed of how the leaders are thinking throughout the year. This also affords employees an invaluable opportunity to learn from the best minds in capital markets.
Apart from providing brokerage services,
- We are passionate about financial literacy and provide an in-depth collection of stock market and financial lessons through Varsity.
- We support and nurture Indian Fintech entrepreneurs through our incubator Rainmatter.
- We are also passionate about giving back to the community through the Rainmatter Foundation, where we support initiatives and organisations working in the climate change space.
Zerodha is headquartered in Bangalore with sales offices across India. We interact with our clients in 3 languages, with the bulk of our client interactions in English and Hindi. We have an online-first approach for addressing customer needs with a comprehensive support portal and ticketing system at support.zerodha.com. For the few customers who want to do it the old-fashioned way, we have a telephone support desk which operates on weekdays from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
And to learn more about why customers choose us - watch this.
About the team
The customer support team at Zerodha is passionate and dedicated to helping customers with queries and issues they face. Most of our customers are first time traders and are bound to have questions. We believe that these traders have the potential to progress and grow in incredible ways with the right support. No one in our support team has revenue targets, which means no one ever can mis-sell. And we feel that this very aspect differentiates us from our peers in the financial sector.
Through this job, you will be joining a team that is enabling progress for our customers. You will be an important voice of our organization. Naturally, being part of this team will mean that you will have an immense responsibility to the clients you interact with. With each interaction, you will also help Zerodha build on the goals and vision we have set out, breaking all barriers that traders and investors face in India in terms of cost, support, and technology.
What will a typical day on the job entail?
- Respond to customer requests by email and/or phone by leveraging our Support Portal, where everything that a customer can ask has already been answered.
- Identify customer grievances effectively and provide the necessary support so they can invest/trade independently.
- Maintain integrity and empathy while interacting with clients.
- Keep yourself updated on the markets by reading circulars and financial news.
- Educate yourself on all the products and services Zerodha offers to be up-to-date on all services we provide.
- Stay informed by going through our internal communications regularly. Feel free to be vocal by posting questions and answering queries on our internal social media platform.
- Assist in the implementation of company growth plans.
- Build trust by valuing your peers, communicating effectively, focusing on the customer, and collaborating with other departments to solve problems creatively.
- The role involves answering and helping clients with questions and queries that can get repetitive and monotonous.
- During issues/outages, you might have to deal with increased client requests and effectively help clients irate with the situation.
Who is an ideal candidate for this role
- You understand the broking industry and Zerodha products/services.
- You are an excellent communicator (written and verbal).
- You are self-motivated, resourceful and independent.
- You love the stock markets and have a working knowledge of things like Nifty, corporate actions, charting, open interest, index, dividend, FIFO to calculate P&L, etc.
- You are a problem solver who thrives in an environment with minimal direction.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can adapt to changing business needs to deliver with a smile.
- You are adaptable and hands-on with new-age tools.
- You are adept at trading platforms, margins, reporting and other brokerage services.
- You are eager to learn and enjoy additional responsibilities.
- You have prior trading experience and understand the complexities of trading.
- NISM certification.
What’s in this job for you?
- A great place to work every day, from home or at the office - this is a permanent work from home opportunity.
- If you do well, you will also be getting employee stock options (currently the only way to get one’s hands-on Zerodha stock).
- You will also have access to conversations, discussions and developments in the financial industry that you might not get elsewhere.
- You will have the opportunity to learn, grow and develop yourself personally because - i) we have regular webinars on the financial industry to keep you updated on all developments, ii) we have a vibrant internal forum where we discuss everything about our business. Hence, you will have a voice in all our decisions and discussions, and iii) We have frequent team calls ensuring transparency and communication between various teams within Zerodha.
CTC of INR 5-7 lakhs. Additionally, we offer Incentives (no upselling and revenue targets).